Here you will find Katherine’s bio options and speaker talking points for collaboration.
Katherine Marie is a speaker and a Holistic Health Coach who says that cancer does not define her, but it has shaped her. She persevered through stage 3 breast cancer in 2015 and believes there can be laughter AND cancer. After studying with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in 2017, she created Inspired Vitality in 2018. Katherine specializes in supporting people impacted by cancer with her individual coaching by providing resources, practical tips and emotional comfort. Her book, Fearless Action, published in April 2022.
Katherine Marie is a speaker and a holistic health coach who says that cancer does not define her, but it has shaped her. In 2015 her stage 3 breast cancer diagnosis served as a springboard to help others through their own challenges, and she has talked about various aspects of cancer on numerous podcasts and her YouTube channel. While speaking, Katherine uses her relatable experience and training with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition to inspire and guide participants in identifying goals and taking action. Her book, Fearless Action, published in April 2022.
Podcast Topics to Consider:
While sharing her cancer story, Katherine can inspire and weave the following topics into her speech/guest appearance.
- Moving from being stuck in pain, grief and fear to living
- Fears/emotions with cancer
- Parenting/special needs parenting, when diagnosed and while going through cancer treatment.
Speaker Topic 1:
Avoidance to Action – Stop Fear In Its Track
When faced with a challenge, fear may lead to a cycle of avoiding and justifying inaction, perpetuating the fear.
In this workshop you will learn a four-step strategy to move from being stuck to immediate action. The strategy takes participants through identifying their avoidance habits and emotions, a breathing technique to tranquilize the nervous system, learning clarity questions and practice using a S.M.A.R.T goal to take action.
- Identify habits and emotions that are keeping you stuck.
- A quick breathing technique that can be done anytime, anywhere.
- A checklist to become clear on your next step.
- Create and implement one S.M.A.R.T goal to get started today.
Speaker Topic 2:
FMLA Restoration to Rejuvenation
Don’t just restore employees after FMLA, rejuvenate them with an employee centered approach. In this workshop you will gain insight to retain your best employees who are returning from FMLA by creating systems of communication and wellness. You will learn how an FMLA mentor can aid in supporting the company and employee, assess your wellness program, and be empowered to increase company morale as you move from obligation to rejuvenation.
- FMLA mentor- what is it and how this will benefit the company
- Assess your wellness program and options to incorporate
- Learn the physical and emotional challenges employees face when returning
- What it means to move from obligation to rejuvenation